THREADED PORT TO DG/UX UNIX

From:
Takis Psarogiannakopoulos
Date:
January 4, 2001 20:42
Subject:
THREADED PORT TO DG/UX UNIX
Message ID:
Pine.BSF.4.21.0101041947330.17863-100000@public.xfree86.org

Deal All,
I have a need to port perl 5.6.0 to DG/UX unix and have
also the threads support working. The port that exists
at the moment for DG/UX (hints/dgux.sh) is rather poor
even for a non-threaded perl56.
I have pretty trivial question:
When perl compiles it does create in ext/Thread the
file Thread.c. However "make test"  reveals that the
thread test hangs on t->join. Running perl with -DS and
tests with -v I know that Thread.c hangs on the perl_call_sv
routine (note perl with small p).
I am wondering where this dumn routine is (in which file).
For a moment I thought that it is same with Perl_call_sv in
perl.c (capital P) but it is not. It seems to be the
call_sv but I cannt also locate in which source file
this routine lies.
Also any other thoughts that you may have on this hang
on call_sv will be appreciated.

Regards,
T.