Perl is great - thanks (fwd)

From:
Ask Bjoern Hansen
Date:
December 21, 2000 12:55
Subject:
Perl is great - thanks (fwd)
Message ID:
Pine.BSF.4.21.0012211132440.39034-100000@localhost
ask bjoern hansen - http://ask.netcetera.dk/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:41:45 +0800
From: Nick Ng <nskiat@pacific.net.sg>
To: perl-thanks@perl.org
Subject: Perl is great - thanks

Hi there,

Since I started learning to program in Perl, I have fallen in love in
it. I find it particularly powerful for writing cgi programs.  My first
program in Perl is a quiz program - nothing complicated but it has made
me realise perl's power.

The learning curve for me was steep- being a self-taught "programmer" -
but after I've overcome the initial hurdles, I'm beginning to enjoy it.

I read that a new version is coming up - Perl 6 - and it will be a sort
of rewrite of Perl 5. I'm looking forward to its alpha launch and can't
wait to use it. My only hope is that Perl will still be Perl - the
syntax will be preserved and so on.

Many thanks for Perl!

cheers,

nick