Bleadperl [@8143] didn't compile

From:
Gerrit P. Haase
Date:
December 17, 2000 09:39
Subject:
Bleadperl [@8143] didn't compile
Message ID:
3A3D08C9.11095.1A20BACB@localhost
<17 Dec 2000, 17:14 Uhr wars, als Gerrit P. Haase folgendes schrub:>
< Re: Bleadperl didn't compile >

I got still the same error after another make distclean:

> > > Line 2097, config.h:
> > > /* HAS_STRTOQ:
> > >  *	This symbol, if defined, indicates that the strtoq routine is
> > >  *	available to convert strings to long longs (quads).
> > >  */
> > > # HAS_STRTOQ		/**/
      ^^^^^^
here is 'define' missing after configure.

> > > I don't know, where to change s.th., looked in config.sh and
> > > config_h.SH, but didn't figured out what to change.
> >
> > Did you update files in an existing compile tree and then recompile?
> > Or did make distclean in your tree before re-running Configure and
> > running make?
>
> I run make distclean.
> I make the update in my main tree, at first, i added patch 8143, where
> are the changes of mg.c and others.
> then i run rsync again, to be sure, that all other files are updated.

Also got an error after fixing config.h, where is s.th wrong in mg.c:

`sh  cflags libperl5_7_0 mg.o`  mg.c
          CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-
strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -O2
mg.c: In function `Perl_magic_len':
mg.c:406: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_utf8_length' from
incompatible pointer type
mg.c:406: too few arguments to function `Perl_utf8_length'
make: *** [mg.o] Error 1
[...]
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
--
Gerrit Peter Haase