Re: Bleadperl didn't compile

From:
Gerrit P. Haase
Date:
December 17, 2000 08:12
Re: Bleadperl didn't compile
Message ID:
3A3CF48B.24169.19D1A669@localhost
<17 Dec 2000, 15:50 Uhr wars, als Nicholas Clark folgendes schrub:>
< Re: Bleadperl didn't compile >

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 04:43:47PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> > Hi porters,
>
> > Line 2097, config.h:
> > /* HAS_STRTOQ:
> >  *	This symbol, if defined, indicates that the strtoq routine is
> >  *	available to convert strings to long longs (quads).
> >  */
> > # HAS_STRTOQ		/**/
> >
> > I don't know, where to change s.th., looked in config.sh and
> > config_h.SH, but didn't figured out what to change.
>
> Did you update files in an existing compile tree and then recompile?
> Or did make distclean in your tree before re-running Configure and
> running make?

I run make distclean.
I make the update in my main tree, at first, i added patch 8143, where
are the changes of mg.c and others.
then i run rsync again, to be sure, that all other files are updated.

> I used to do the former and meet exactly these sort of config.h nasties,
> without realising that not cleaning and reconfiguring worked much better.

I will try again, after another distclean...

> The reason I didn't like re-running configure was because I thought
> I had to re-enter all my changes from the defaults by hand each time.
> However, if one uses Configure's command line parameters one can make it
> automatically default to your preferred settings. For example, I now
> use something like
>
> ./Configure -Dusedevel -Ubincompat5005 -Uinstallusrbinperl -Dcf_email='nick@talking.bollo.cx'  -Dperladmin='nick@talking.bollo.cx' -Dinc_version_list=' ' -Dinc_version_list_init='0' -Duse64bitint -Dusnm=n -ed

Thats the way, i do it too, also got a Policy.sh, for default settings
of email-adress and so.

> I think
>
> make distclean
> ./Configure