Re: Bleadperl didn't compile

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
December 17, 2000 07:50
Re: Bleadperl didn't compile
Message ID:
20001217155016.D97668@plum.flirble.org
On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 04:43:47PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hi porters,

> Line 2097, config.h:
> /* HAS_STRTOQ:
>  *	This symbol, if defined, indicates that the strtoq routine is
>  *	available to convert strings to long longs (quads).
>  */
> # HAS_STRTOQ		/**/
>
> I don't know, where to change s.th., looked in config.sh and
> config_h.SH, but didn't figured out what to change.

Did you update files in an existing compile tree and then recompile?
Or did make distclean in your tree before re-running Configure and
running make?
I used to do the former and meet exactly these sort of config.h nasties,
without realising that not cleaning and reconfiguring worked much better.

The reason I didn't like re-running configure was because I thought
I had to re-enter all my changes from the defaults by hand each time.
However, if one uses Configure's command line parameters one can make it
automatically default to your preferred settings. For example, I now
use something like

./Configure -Dusedevel -Ubincompat5005 -Uinstallusrbinperl -Dcf_email='nick@talking.bollo.cx'  -Dperladmin='nick@talking.bollo.cx' -Dinc_version_list=' ' -Dinc_version_list_init='0' -Duse64bitint -Dusnm=n -ed

I think

make distclean
./Configure
make