Re: NOTE: development perl broken for the moment

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
December 15, 2000 07:14
Re: NOTE: development perl broken for the moment
Message ID:
20001215091404.C24901@chaos.wustl.edu
On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 01:24:48AM -0600, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> Either I managed to fool the repository into some seriously strange state
> or the filesystem I have my working copy on is falling apart, or both.
>
> The net result: please do not bother reporting if your Perl copy,
> either via perforce, or via the patches, won't build or won't test
> past the change #8119.  Been there, seen that.  Since and including
> the change #8120 I started seeing Heisenbugs by the truckload and now
> after three hours of unapplying and reapplying patches and manual
> tweakery I still can't figure out what's wrong.  I will take a fresh
> look tomorrow, armed with more sleep and coffee.

Okay, I think we are now (change #8125) back in solid ground again.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen