Re: Python .NET

From:
Prymmer/Kahn
Date:
December 14, 2000 22:01
Re: Python .NET
Message ID:
Pine.BSF.4.21.0012142138540.13466-100000@shell8.ba.best.com

Simon Cozens wrote:

> Weren't ActiveSnake doing the Perl.NET thingummy? Whatever happened to that?

From the looks of page 99 of the 25th anniversary issue of Dr. Dobbs (ISSN
1044-789X) the answer would include "advertising it".  Oh and its
apparently called "Komodo" rather than "thingummy".

From the text of the full page, 4 color ad:

 "Our commitment to your productivity is obvious in our new Integrated
 Development Environments.  Komodo, our new cross-platform IDE, is based
 on the open source Mozilla framework.  VisualPerl and VisualPython,
 plugins for Microsoft's Visual Studio.NET, combine your favorite
 languages with the power and familiarity of Visual Studio.

[deletia]

 Download from:
 www.ActiveStae.com/IDE "

It looks like perlfaq3.pod could use some updating at this time (XXX
URLs could be filled in and it does not mention other perl sensitive
editors e.g. vile, SlickEdit, ptkdb, or some of the other commercial
ones).

Peter Prymmer

(Who sometimes wonders if a C module for LSE could be buthered into
working with Perl)