[ID 19991029.007]: Debugger: Break gets set on wrong subroutine

From:
Stephen P. Potter
Date:
December 14, 2000 11:31
Subject:
[ID 19991029.007]: Debugger: Break gets set on wrong subroutine
Message ID:
200012142029.PAA01700@spotter.yi.org

------- Forwarded Message

Subject: Re: Perlbud ID 19991029.007: Debugger: Break gets set on wrong subroutine
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:37:56 -0600 (CST)
From: "Tye McQueen" <tye@metronet.com>

Excerpts from the mail message of Stephen P. Potter:
)
) What should be done with this report?

I recall Ilya having some suggestions (that I don't think I
understood) when I originally submitted it.  I'm not very
knowledgeable on the parse tree, etc. but I think my first
attempt would be to answer this question:

)  Or perhaps the parse tree gives a clue to the execution order?

and if the answer is "no", I'd try for this:

)  Or perhaps the parser can insert a
)  no-op node at the start of subs compiled for the debugger?

And set it to be at the line number of the opening "{" (or even
of "sub").

I'm not sure what type of input you are requesting.  I take it
noone has stepped up with a patch.  Worst case is that it stays
open as a known bug.  Second worst is that it also gets documented.

If you are asking if I can work it, then the answer is that it
would fall below several things that I'm much more qualified for
but that I still haven't managed to get done.  Sorry.
- --
Tye McQueen    Nothing is obvious unless you are overlooking something
         http://www.metronet.com/~tye/ (scripts, links, nothing fancy)

------- End of Forwarded Message