Python .NET

From:
Nathan Torkington
Date:
December 13, 2000 17:45
Subject:
Python .NET
Message ID:
14904.9640.597056.922762@prometheus.frii.com
What's that noise?  That's us being left in the dust :-)

----

Charming Python: Inside JPython and Python for .NET
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-jpython.html?dwzone=linux

"Although Python is commonly equated with CPython, its specification has
been implemented elsewhere several times, including in applications for
Java and .NET. JPython compiles Python source to Java bytecode and
provides transparent access to Java classes. Python for .NET is an
application in the works for Microsoft's forthcoming cross-language
technology platform. In my interview with Mark Hammond, Finn Bock, and
Barry Warsaw, I found out more about how JPython and Python for .NET were
developed and what's in store for the future of these alternative Python
implementations."