Re: Debian sitting on Perl bugs

From:
Philip Newton
Date:
December 13, 2000 05:50
Re: Debian sitting on Perl bugs
Message ID:
3A378CB3.11207.D45904@localhost
On 12 Dec 2000, at 20:32, Casey R. Tweten wrote:

> Today around 4:55pm, Darren/Torin/Who Ever... hammered out this masterpiece:
>
> : What format does perlbug expect?  I noticed that there is a bounce bug
> : class for bugs in the right format.  This means that I need to know what
> : format that would be.
>
> Perl comes with the ``perlbug'' program.  You can use it to file bug
> reports, it takes care of all the dirty work, you just pick a
> category, sevarity, title and throw the body in ( having a
> reproducable test case helps bunches ) and perlbug sends your report.

However, even if you don't want to use the "perlbug" program, a free-
form report email sent to perlbug@perl.org is better than no report at
all. (Just be sure to mention the word "perl" in the body or the
automatic filter might reject it.)

Sending mail to perlbug@perl.org rather than perl5-porters@perl.org
(which will also see anything sent to perlbug) has the advantage that
it'll get assigned a tracking ID.

Cheers,
Philip
--