Re: Debian sitting on Perl bugs

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
December 12, 2000 19:17
Re: Debian sitting on Perl bugs
Message ID:
20001212211734.A27229@chaos.wustl.edu
On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 09:23:48PM -0500, Andy Dougherty wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Simon Cozens wrote:
>
> > So I took a look at bugs.debian.org, and found that there's a bunch more
> > bugs in Perl that you guys know about and have fixed. The problem is, we
> > have no idea about them and they're still loose in our source tree.
>
> > So, I'm suggesting that it would be in both our interests to have some
> > kind of co-operation.
>
> I should point out that, over the long haul, we've had excellent
> cooperation from Darren and debian.  Certainly lack of time has often been
> a problem on one end or the other or both, and sadly our release schedules
> have never been even close to in sync but overall it's worked well.
>
> In the past, Chip or I would often be active either at the Debian end or
> the perl end (or both) to help keep things in sync.  But lately,
> everyone's busy with other things.

Once upon a time, in a country far far away, when I still had free time,
I once in a while tried to shake the various BSD trees and see what
Perl bugs/changes would fall out.  Most of the changes from back then
(two years or so ago) have now been folded back to the hints/*bsd*.sh
files, but I'm certain something new has come up since then.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen