Re: Debian sitting on Perl bugs

From:
Andy Dougherty
Date:
December 12, 2000 18:23
Re: Debian sitting on Perl bugs
Message ID:
Pine.SOL.4.10.10012122112110.1558-100000@maxwell.phys.lafayette.edu
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Simon Cozens wrote:

> So I took a look at bugs.debian.org, and found that there's a bunch more
> bugs in Perl that you guys know about and have fixed. The problem is, we
> have no idea about them and they're still loose in our source tree.

> So, I'm suggesting that it would be in both our interests to have some
> kind of co-operation.

I should point out that, over the long haul, we've had excellent
cooperation from Darren and debian.  Certainly lack of time has often been
a problem on one end or the other or both, and sadly our release schedules
have never been even close to in sync but overall it's worked well.

In the past, Chip or I would often be active either at the Debian end or
the perl end (or both) to help keep things in sync.  But lately,
everyone's busy with other things.

So yes, Simon, you're right, we have some catching up to do.  But it's
still appropriate to pipe up and thank Darren for all that he's already
done over the years.

--
    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics