Re: [ID 20001130.007] Errors Running Make for Perl5.005_03 on Sun Solaris System

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
November 30, 2000 09:37
Re: [ID 20001130.007] Errors Running Make for Perl5.005_03 on Sun Solaris System
Message ID:
200011301737.RAA10944@mikado.tiuk.ti.com
Rolena J Chuyate <Rolena.J.Chuyate@census.gov> writes:
>To all:
>
>When I run the make command, I get the following errror:
>
>CAMSWEB3 (root) /opt/perl5.005_03 >/usr/ccs/bin/make
>
>make: Warning: Both `makefile' and `Makefile' exist

Harmless.

>cc  -L/usr/local/lib -o miniperl miniperlmain.o libperl.a
>Undefined                       first referenced
> symbol                             in file
>log                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
>pow                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
>sqrt                                libperl.a(pp.o)
>floor                               libperl.a(pp.o)
>atan2                               libperl.a(pp.o)
>exp                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
>sin                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
>cos                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
>ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to miniperl

>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `miniperl'
>
>I trying to install perl on a Sun system running Solaris 2.6.  Why am I getting
>this error and how do I correct it?

You messed with Configure's suggested defaults and removed -lm
from the list of libraries.

./Configure -des

should just work in a cleanly unpack source tree.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com>
Via, but not speaking for: Texas Instruments Ltd.