[ID 20001130.007] Errors Running Make for Perl5.005_03 on SunSolaris System

From:
Rolena.J.Chuyate
Date:
November 30, 2000 09:10
Subject:
[ID 20001130.007] Errors Running Make for Perl5.005_03 on SunSolaris System
Message ID:
852569A7.005DC27E.00@it008nthqln.tco.census.gov

To all:

When I run the make command, I get the following errror:

CAMSWEB3 (root) /opt/perl5.005_03 >/usr/ccs/bin/make

make: Warning: Both `makefile' and `Makefile' exist
cc  -L/usr/local/lib -o miniperl miniperlmain.o libperl.a
log                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
pow                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
sqrt                                libperl.a(pp.o)
floor                               libperl.a(pp.o)
atan2                               libperl.a(pp.o)
exp                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
sin                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
cos                                 libperl.a(pp.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to miniperl
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `miniperl'

I trying to install perl on a Sun system running Solaris 2.6.  Why am I getting
this error and how do I correct it?
Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Rolena Chuyate