Re: [ID 20001128.007] Parser error message mistakes brace forbracket

From:
Dominic Dunlop
Date:
November 29, 2000 01:51
Re: [ID 20001128.007] Parser error message mistakes brace forbracket
Message ID:
p04320407b64a79fd5984@[192.168.1.4]
Thanks for you report, which came through as just four very long
lines, separated by things like

T!
hi!

But that wasn't the problem you were reporting, and isn't, I suspect,
a Perl problem.  Anyway...

The problem you report has been addressed in the latest public release of Perl:

$ perl5.00503 -e '{'
Missing right bracket at -e line 1, at end of line
syntax error at -e line 1, at EOF
$ perl5.6.0 -e '{'
Missing right curly or square bracket at -e line 1, at end of line
syntax error at -e line 1, at EOF

You can download the source for 5.6.0 from
<http://www.cpan.org/src/stable.tar.gz>, or find a binary at
<http://www.sunfreeware.com>.

At 22:40 -0800 2000-11-28, Russell Hansberry wrote:
>I could be persuaded to fix the problem if someone would provide
>some direction to help get me over the learning curve of making Perl
>fixes.

If you continue to feel this urge, take a look at the perlhack man
page which is installed with 5.6.0.  We'd be glad to have you along!
--
Dominic Dunlop