IPC::Open3 problems with mod_ssl, ring any bells?

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
November 28, 2000 18:27
IPC::Open3 problems with mod_ssl, ring any bells?
Message ID:
20001128202729.C23741@chaos.wustl.edu
I got an email about problems with IPC::Open3 when being used from
mod_ssl.  While I'm asking the guy for more details and smaller test
code, does anyone remember seeing/hearing about IPC::Open3 problems?
I'm not an Apache guy, so I have no feeling at all as to what might
be going on.  At this point the problem is too vague to perlbug, but
here's what little I know...

- when the code is run from command line, it works fine
- when the code is run from mod_ssl, the filehandles never return any data
- it's Perl 5.6.0 that fails, Perl 5.005_03 works okay
  (or 5.6.0's IPC::Open3 used with 5.005_03)
  (the changes in the module itself are rather small, anyway)

I tried looking at the bug db but found nothing sounding like this.

Ugh, this is far too vague...more information is needed.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen