Re: perlio.c:1680: undefined reference to `setmode'

From:
Calle Dybedahl
Date:
November 27, 2000 23:49
Re: perlio.c:1680: undefined reference to `setmode'
Message ID:
86k89osfij.fsf@tezcatlipoca.algonet.se

> Since patch 7861 perl does not compile on my RedHat 6.2 box. 7858 was
> the last that was ok.

I don't know exactly since which patch, but the rsynced bleadperl as
of a few minutes ago doesn't build on my FreeBSD machine, and the
error is also to do with setmode:

`sh  cflags libperl.a perlio.o`  perlio.c
          CCCMD =  cc -DPERL_CORE -c -fno-strict-aliasing
-I/usr/local/include -O
perlio.c: In function `PerlIOBuf_fdopen':
perlio.c:1680: warning: passing arg 1 of `setmode' makes pointer from integer without a cast
perlio.c:1680: too many arguments to function `setmode'
perlio.c:1680: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
*** Error code 1

--
 Calle Dybedahl, Vasav. 82, S-177 52 Jaerfaella,SWEDEN | calle@lysator.liu.se
       "I like darkness, because it shows us light" -- Victoria McManus