Re: Plan to try again with Carp

From:
Ben Tilly
Date:
November 27, 2000 12:01
Re: Plan to try again with Carp
Message ID:
LAW2-F93DArOtqZNhPw000039d7@hotmail.com
Wolfgang Laun wrote:

>Ben Tilly wrote:

[...]
> > PS Something that I am wondering at.  I often personally use
> > "confess" when "croak" should do because I find it useful
> > to get the arguments to the current function call.  Would it
> > be a bad idea to have the short message have added the
> > current arguments?  That would have saved me a lot of
> > headaches in the past.
>
>Isn't this what -MCarp=verbose is supposed to do for you?
>"...force Carp to treat a croak as a confess and a carp
>as a cluck across all modules..."

Let us worry about it later.  What I was thinking is that
the short message could have more useful output - I often
use the long message because I find the argument list to
be a very useful piece of information.

We can worry about this at about the same time that we
worry about having longmess_heavy pull in Data::Dumper to
let it present arguments which are anonymous hashes in an
informative format... :-)

IOW later, if people think it would be nice.

Cheers,
Ben