Re: This Week on perl5-porters (13--20 November 2000)

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
November 20, 2000 16:00
Re: This Week on perl5-porters (13--20 November 2000)
Message ID:
20001120180006.D15925@chaos.wustl.edu
>    Jarkko reports that most of it is now working, apart from the special
>    match variables ( $&, $` and $') and the POSIX character classes.

To this I can I add that if so far I had been happily bouncing around
the strange lands of Reg-Ex and shouting back "Dragons?  What dragons?"
to people frantically waving their hands (safely beyond the borders,
funny that)... now I can attest to nasty monsters being fully alive,
and full of flame... the match variables are now under control
(I *think*) -- but the character classes are mean, mostly because the
data structures implementing them are so different between the byte
and character cases, merging the code using them is, errrm, fun?
I'm currently dodging core dumps falling from the sky, but I think
I'm running in generally right direction...

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen