[ID 20001109.015] Not OK: perl v5.7.0 +DEVEL7594 +Duseperlio ondos-djgpp djgpp

From:
Peter J. Farley III
Date:
November 9, 2000 19:48
Subject:
[ID 20001109.015] Not OK: perl v5.7.0 +DEVEL7594 +Duseperlio ondos-djgpp djgpp
Message ID:
4.3.1.0.20001109223728.00ad69b0@pop5.banet.net
This is a manual report prepared after trying to make perl with
-Duseperlio.  I first did a "make distclean", then re-configured with

sh ./Configure -Dusedevel -Duseperlio -des

I got these results very early in the make:

`sh  cflags libperl.a perl.o`  perl.c
           CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB
-fno-strict-aliasing
-O2 -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2
perl.c: In function `perl_construct':
perl.c:230: parse error before `_fclose_'
perl.c:231: parse error before `_fclose_'
make.exe: *** [perl.o] Error 1

After running cpp on perl.c, I matched up the failing input lines with
the cpp output lines:

perl.c:

#ifdef MSDOS
     /*
      * There is no way we can refer to them from Perl so close them to
save
      * space.  The other alternative would be to provide STDAUX and
STDPRN
      * filehandles.
      */
     (void)fclose(stdaux);
     (void)fclose(stdprn);
#endif

perl.i (output of cpp)

(void)"CANNOT"  _fclose_ ;
(void)"CANNOT"  _fclose_ ;

I can't give you a "perl -V" output, since I don't have a perl to do
that with, but if you look at my last OK report for perl/djgpp, that
should give you at least some of the info needed.

HTH
Peter J. Farley III (pjfarley@dorsai.org OR
                      pjfarley@banet.net)