Re: [ID 20001108.006] 5.6.0 installation on SunOS 5.8

From:
Andy Dougherty
Date:
November 8, 2000 11:36
Re: [ID 20001108.006] 5.6.0 installation on SunOS 5.8
Message ID:
Pine.SOL.4.10.10011081430290.24511-100000@maxwell.phys.lafayette.edu
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Daywan Singh wrote:

> I tried to install Perl 5.6.0 on SunOS 5.8. During the 'make' phase, there were
> 'Undefined Symbols' which I cured it by editing the makefile to include libm and
> libsocket: miniperl and perlmain were then compiled OK. Subsequently, i got the
> following errors.

How did makefile end up omitting -lsocket and -lm?  The default
suggested by Configure should have included -lsocket and -lm.
If you skipped those libraries for some reason, I'll bet perl thinks
some other functions are missing too.

I think you need to go all the way back to the beginning.

	make -k distclean
	rm -f config.sh Policy.sh
	sh Configure [options]

This time, when Configure prompts you for library directories and
libraries to use, accept all the defaults unless you are *sure* that
you need to change them.

--
    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics