Re: [ID 20001108.008] make after rsync compiles fail

From:
Hugo
Date:
November 8, 2000 11:03
Re: [ID 20001108.008] make after rsync compiles fail
Message ID:
200011082004.UAA01974@crypt.compulink.co.uk
In <20001108123808.A11346@chaos.wustl.edu>, Jarkko Hietaniemi writes:
:On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 01:35:28PM -0500, lvirden@cas.org wrote:
:> This is a bug report for perl from lvirden@cas.org,
:> generated with the help of perlbug 1.33 running under perl v5.7.0.
:>
:>
:> -----------------------------------------------------------------
:> I've noticed that when I do an rsync for the bleedperl, then do a make,
:
:Not recommended. "make distclean" or "rm -f config.sh Policy.sh *.o"
:heartily suggested.

And do the 'make distclean' _before_ the rsync - I frequently forget
this, and it tends to cause more problems afterwards. (After the
rsync, changed files mean that the attempt to make distclean causes
it to attempt to make lots of other things in the process, which
usually fails. Then the dist isn't clean, but the Makefiles are
gone so you can't distclean again to fix it. In short, it makes a
bit of a mess.)

Hugo