Re: [craigberry@mac.com: mail problems update]

From:
Ask Bjoern Hansen
Date:
November 7, 2000 12:48
Re: [craigberry@mac.com: mail problems update]
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.21.0011071205080.26587-100000@impatience.valueclick.com
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

Hi Craig,

I am the postmaster at perl.org.

Whoever it is who are bouncing your messages on to p5p and vmsperl
are doing so with the original envelope sender. You were subscribed
to vmsperl (and thus allowed to post) and you were allowed to post
to perl5-porters because a moderator previously had approved your
address.

As soon as I found out about the funk going on I stopped the qmail
sender, disallowed your address from those two lists and I am
currently working on cleaning up the queue. (there are like A LOT of
messages left. Yikes!). The first few hundred was nothing of what is
still undelivered (thousands of mails).

We are lucky that tmtowtdi isn't that fast at delivering mail after
all. %-)

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>