Bug in Carp::Heavy/5.6.0?

From:
Marek Rouchal DAT CAD HW Tel 25849
Date:
November 6, 2000 01:41
Bug in Carp::Heavy/5.6.0?
Message ID:
Pine.GSO.4.20.0011061026530.11544-100000@tamarix.hl.siemens.de
Dear all,

while debugging a strange bug that occurs when I say "perl Makefile.PL" in
Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2215 (Bus error, bad free ignored, etc.), and does
not occur when I step through it in the Perl-Tk-Debugger, I noticed a
possible typo in Carp::Heavy, line 79 where it says

            if ($hargs) {
                # we may trash some of the args so we take a copy
--------->      @a = @DB::args;    # must get local copy of args
                # don't print any more than $MaxArgNums

I didn't find @DB::args anywhere nearby, and as above it says

  while (do { { package DB; @a = caller($i++) } } ) {

I guess line 79 shoud read

@a = @DB::a;

Oh, by the way: perl-5.6.0 on Solaris 2.5.1 and 2.7, compiled with Sun
Workshop Pro 5.0.

Hope this helps,

Marek