[ID 20001105.011] Perl 5.6.0 documentation glitch

From:
Michael Somos
Date:
November 5, 2000 10:38
Subject:
[ID 20001105.011] Perl 5.6.0 documentation glitch
Message ID:
200011051848.NAA07172@grail.cba.csuohio.edu
This is not a bug, just a garden variety documentation glitch. I have
downloaded Perl 5.6.0 and found in the file "Porting/Contract" the line :

">From time to time, a script, module, or set of modules (hereafter referred"

which I have embedded in double quotes to avoid the e-mail glitch which was
originally responsible for prepending the line with ">" because it began
with the word "From". This is a common problem when e-mailing text files
which have not been protected from mailer transformations. I am not sure
about the line in the file "pod/perltoot.pod" which looks like this :

"Z<>From the C++ perspective, all methods in Perl are virtual."

since I don't know the purpose of the "Z<>" construct in Perl pod format.
Shalom, Michael