develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2000

Re: Breaking recursive magic (was Re: Did change 1307 (GSAR) break self ties?)

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
October 2, 2000 15:18
Re: Breaking recursive magic (was Re: Did change 1307 (GSAR) break self ties?)
Message ID:
39D909BD.D316F42C@uk.sun.com
Daniel Chetlin wrote:

> > Is there anywhere for pp_tie to flag an object as active, so if you come
> > back to it via a loop (A-tiedto-A or anything more complex) it doesn't
> > use the tie method for a second (third (fourth (...))) trip?
>
> This is the solution I'd like to see used for a chain of overloaded
> objects that loops infinitely, as well. But I don't know how to do it
> yet.

And I thought it was just me that was dumb for not being able to figure
it out ;-)

--
Alan Burlison