develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2000

Re: Did change 1307 (GSAR) break self ties?

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
October 2, 2000 11:48
Re: Did change 1307 (GSAR) break self ties?
Message ID:
39D8D86F.26815F74@uk.sun.com
Alan Burlison wrote:

> > And there is MGf_GSKIP which is tested as well.
>
> I can't find an explanation of what this is supposed to do, but from
> looking at mg.c I assume it is meant to suppress magic get method calls
> - correct?

The MGf_GSKIP flag won't work anyway - it only suppresses gets, and in
this case *any* magic method call will recurse into oblivion.  Any
suitable fix must suppress all magic for the duration.

--
Alan Burlison