develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2000

utf8_to_uv() - why change prototype ?

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
September 30, 2000 04:38
Subject:
utf8_to_uv() - why change prototype ?
Message ID:
E13fKy9-0003c3-00@serv1.is1.u-net.net

I am just adding UTF8 stuff to Tk803.???-tobe.

I find I cannot write code which will build against perl5.6.0 and
bleadperl because Perl_utf8_to_uv() has gained a "checking" parameter.
I suggest that we revert the prototype to as was in 5.6.0 and
add a new function with the new prototype.

This is change 7075 which originated from Simon.
I cannot find anything in the source base which _uses_ the new functionality.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons