develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2000

Re: [ID 20000927.001] do and eval sometimes don't clear $@

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
September 28, 2000 09:30
Re: [ID 20000927.001] do and eval sometimes don't clear $@
Message ID:
20000928170554.A9088@perlhacker.org
On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 08:41:53AM -0700, Gurusamy Sarathy wrote:
> I think you're forgetting that there is only one $@.  (IOW, what about
> DESTROY() or any of those other things done via call_sv(..., G_EVAL)
> or eval_sv()?)

Well, hm, yeah. The point is, anything that enters some kind of eval should
clear ERRSV as soon as possible. I didn't go digging around for other eval
contexts.

> IIRC, the archives have some history on this issue.

I'll take a look.

--
10. The Earth quakes and the heavens rattle; the beasts of nature flock
together and the nations of men flock apart; volcanoes usher up heat