develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2000

tr///CU, and 5.6.1

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
September 14, 2000 09:22
Subject:
tr///CU, and 5.6.1
Message ID:
200009141619.JAA13898@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:13:20 BST, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>I've just checked perl5.6's perlop and it happily mentions tr///CU as if
>nothing is going to happen. I assume that it would be a good idea to update
>this for 5.6.1 to say that this (experimental, because all unicode is
>experimental?) feature is depreciated and will be removed in the 5.8
>release of perl.

It shall be removed in 5.6.1.  Larry/Camel-III say so.

Speaking of 5.6.1, if folks can send me (not the list) recommendations
for patches from 5.7.0 they'd like to see in 5.6.1, I'm listening.
Negative votes for patches are welcome too.  Mind however that there's
no guarantee your pet patch will end up in there if it doesn't pass my
own sanity checks.  :-)

I plan to put out a 5.6.1-trial1 "soon".

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com