develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2000

Re: [ID 20000901.090] not OK DEVEL 7002 on Tru64 5.0

From:
Prymmer/Kahn
Date:
September 2, 2000 10:35
Re: [ID 20000901.090] not OK DEVEL 7002 on Tru64 5.0
Message ID:
Pine.BSF.4.21.0009021020200.16361-100000@shell8.ba.best.com

In Message-ID: <20000901232932.A24748@chaos.wustl.edu> Jarkko Hietaniemi
wrote:

> > `sh  cflags libperl.so miniperlmain.o`  miniperlmain.c
> >           CCCMD =  cc -DPERL_CORE -c -std -fprm d -ieee -D_INTRINSICS
> > -I/usr/lo
> > cc: Error: /usr/include/netinet/in6.h, line 54: Missing type specifier or
> > type )
> >         uint8_t sa6_addr[16];
> > --------^
>
> Looks more like a bug in the headers Tru64 5.0 to me...  what version,
> exactly, since Spider seems to have had much better results?

Sorry, I neglected to grab the myconfig output from that one.  `uname -a`
returns 5.0 and I don't recall grepping through /etc/motd for the letter
(if there was one). If it helps identify the revision I *think* there was
a 9\d\d number in the `uname -a` output.  It _might_ have been 912 but I
am going solely by memory and I could be wrong.  I would not read too much
into the posted negative result.  The folks who normally hack on that
particular machine are not the least bit afraid of going in and editing
system headers if you know what I mean.  I wouldn't be too concerned with
that result if I were you, consider it a possible "known issue" with
5.0[a-z]? if anything.

It seems that all of Spider's posted results are either from 4.0f or from
5.1.  I don't see much mentioning 5.0.  Strictly speaking the one that
concerns me is the AIX result posted in another message.  I also didn't
manage to get to an hp-ux, dg-ux, or VAX machine yet.  Unfortunately this
weekend looks bad for hacking what with the holiday and all.

Peter Prymmer