develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2000

Re: the door is closed.

From:
John Linderman
Date:
September 1, 2000 16:35
Re: the door is closed.
Message ID:
200009012335.TAA69887@raptor.research.att.com
Whew!  I haven't had an adrenaline rush like this since the guy,
who stole my Brother's car as we were shopping, passed me
while I was walking (perforce) home with the groceries,
collected me on the passenger-side door-handle on Central
Ave, and deposited me, at about 30 mph, on Somerville Ave.
According to quasi-reliable neighborhood snitches, my
inelegant roll into parked cars convinced the thief that
car theft had now advanced to murder one, and pledged a clean
life thereafter.

I think Peter's merge sort will have been worth a roll down
Somerville Ave, but, in any event, I'd like to be among the
the first to thank a bunch of folks.  In particular, I'll be
happy to buy dinner or a drink for any of the following who
can find me and take me up on the offer.

Peter McIlroy, Keith Bostic, Tom Horsley, Abigail, Hugo,
Mike Guy, and, above all, Jarkko, who has done an incredible
job:  I know only *some* of what has gone on behind the
scenes.  It's been exhilarating.  -- jpl