develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2000

Re: [ID 20000901.003] Not OK: perl v5.7.0 +DEVEL6961 on

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
September 1, 2000 14:48
Re: [ID 20000901.003] Not OK: perl v5.7.0 +DEVEL6961 on
Message ID:
39B023F1.5F936D12@uk.sun.com
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:

> And the others?  Is there sSCNfldbl?  I'm guessing that perhaps sscanf
> is storing a double into the long double *?  Or perhaps double -> NV
> casting is broken for your compiler?  This seems the likeliest since I
> think the problem appeared before the sscanf stuff was in.

Oh please - two different versions of the compiler on two different
architectures and across two versions of the OS - all broken.  I think
not.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <float.h>
int main()
{
long double ld;
char buf[1024];
sscanf("123.456", "%Lf", &ld);
qgcvt(ld, LDBL_DIG, buf);
printf("%s\n", buf);
}

prints
123.456

Which looks fine to me.

It is perl that is broke.  However I dont think there is much chance of
getting this sorted by the witching hour.  I'm more interested in
getting perl to compile - this whole long double mess should be left
until 5.7.0 is out.

Alan Burlison