develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2000

What does COnfigure do here?

From:
Lupe Christoph
Date:
September 1, 2000 07:39
Subject:
What does COnfigure do here?
Message ID:
20000901163850.L13547@alanya.lupe-christoph.de
> Try to use long doubles if available? [n] y
> Your platform has some specific hints for long doubles, using them...
>
> The Sun Workshop compiler is not being used; therefore I do not see
> the libsunmath; therefore I do not know how to do long doubles, sorry.
> I'm disabling the use of long doubles.
>
> Checking to see how big your double precision numbers are...
> Your double is 8 bytes long.
>
> Checking to see if you have long double...
> You have long double.
>
> Checking to see how big your long doubles are...
> Your long doubles are 12 bytes long.

Why do we still try to do long doubles? Is this still useful, or
should Configure skip long doubles here completely?

Lupe
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |        http://free.prohosting.com/~lupe |
| "jryy vg ybbxf yvxr gur l2x oht qvqa'g erne vg'f htyl urnq." "lrc. gur |