develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2000

Re: overloading = [a solution]

From:
Stephen Zander
Date:
May 5, 2000 22:12
Re: overloading = [a solution]
Message ID:
873dnwjmap.fsf@rabbit.fire-swamp.net
    Damian> Following that discussion I'm now ready to make the module
    Damian> generally available. There's a summary below. The main
    Damian> question is, should I find a better name for it? If so,
    Damian> suggestions welcome.

Cool. B&D finally comes to perl (in an option, only if you like that
sort of thing way :))

The name sucks, though.  Unfortunately I have no ideas for a better
one.

Perhaps Type::something or Typed::something.

Hmm, think I like Typed::vars or Typed::Vars.  'classify' would then
need to be renamed to 'type'.  Could type be polymorphic enough to
perform both functions?

--
Stephen

"Run away!.. Run away!.."  %