develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: [ID 20000425.004] [BUG 5.6.0] package 'vars' not registered for warnings

From:
Hugo
Date:
April 25, 2000 13:54
Re: [ID 20000425.004] [BUG 5.6.0] package 'vars' not registered for warnings
Message ID:
200004252102.WAA17739@crypt.compulink.co.uk
In <200004251845.TAA17410@crypt.compulink.co.uk>, Hugo writes:
:In <0004259566.AA956686873@univpress.com>, jpeacock@univpress.com writes:
::Take out the comma; qw// does not want or need it.  The line works fine without
::the comma, which is what the error message is complaining about, after all ;~)
:
:I understand that; I don't understand the 'not registered for warnings'
:message, which should not appear, and has the effect of upgrading the
:warning to a fatal error: hence the bug report, and the carefully chosen
:subject line (which you apparently truncated).

My apologies for this - it was snippy and ungrateful. I should have been
clearer in my original report.

Hugo