develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: [ID 20000425.004] [BUG 5.6.0] package 'vars' not registered for warnings

From:
Hugo
Date:
April 25, 2000 11:37
Re: [ID 20000425.004] [BUG 5.6.0] package 'vars' not registered for warnings
Message ID:
200004251845.TAA17410@crypt.compulink.co.uk
In <0004259566.AA956686873@univpress.com>, jpeacock@univpress.com writes:
:Take out the comma; qw// does not want or need it.  The line works fine without
:the comma, which is what the error message is complaining about, after all ;~)

I understand that; I don't understand the 'not registered for warnings'
message, which should not appear, and has the effect of upgrading the
warning to a fatal error: hence the bug report, and the carefully chosen
subject line (which you apparently truncated).

Hugo