develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2000

Mail::Sender Problems...

From:
Gavin Minor
Date:
April 6, 2000 05:54
Mail::Sender Problems...
Message ID:
20000406125337.34109.qmail@hotmail.com
Hi,

I'm working on a Perl CGI program that automatically Emails the results of a
survey to my address.

My CGI program is sitting in the directory /html/cgi-bin and I have put
"Sender.pm" in /html/cgi-bin/Mail.  The permissions are set to 755 on both
/html/cgi-bin/Mail and on /html/cgi-bin/Mail/Sender.pm.

My program has the commands:
use lib '.';
use Mail::Sender;

My problem is that I get an error as follows (results of CGI::Carp):
Software error: (Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network
transfer?) BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at sendmail.cgi line 5.

Line 5 is the 'use Mail::Sender;' line, and I can't seem to see anythign
wrong with this.  Note that the contents of "BEGIN" (within Sender.pm) are
as follows:
BEGIN {
    my $config = $INC{'Mail/Sender.pm'};
    die "Wrong case in use statement or module renamed. Perl is case
sensitive!!!\n" unless $config;
    $config =~ s/\.pm$/.config/;
    require $config if (-e $config);
}

is there anything wrong with this?

I have been stuck on this for days, and can't seem to find the solution.

Any thanks would be GREATLY appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Gavin