Re: beep R beep C beep 3

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
March 21, 2000 05:46
Re: beep R beep C beep 3
Message ID:
200003211345.NAA17732@tiuk.ti.com
Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@ActiveState.com> writes:
>Here lies the third and final release candidate:
>
>   ftp://ftp.linux.activestate.com/pub/staff/gsar/APC/5.6.0/perl-5.6.0-RC3.tar.gz
>
>     + CHECK and INIT blocks encountered at run time provoke warnings

Hmm, that makes Tk's t/*.t a tad noisy -

t/optmenu...........Too late to run INIT block at /usr/local/lib/perl5.006/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 219.

But all tests pass (not that that proves much these days :-()

That is because testcase does

eval { require Tk };
ok($@, "", "loading Tk module");

rather than use Tk.

What is the new style warnings incantation to turn it off ?
(But can I? - warnings are lexical and the INIT block is XS - so where
is its lexical scope ?)

(An yes it is too late to run INIT block - but as INIT block is only
there to re-INIT the C code when B::* are in force that is fine.)

--
Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com>
Via, but not speaking for: Texas Instruments Ltd.