polluting environment

From:
Philippe Cizaire
Date:
March 20, 2000 08:42
Subject:
polluting environment
Message ID:
38D652BE.4F22@silicomp.com
Maybe I should not send this to this group...

but :
My version of perl (5.005_03) is very noisy in the common name spaces :
macros, function, includes, ...

I mean for example :
- the perl THIS is a macro that collides with another macro in some NT
stuff
- the perl Error is a macro that collides with some member function of
some of my class
I think the POLLUTE flag is designed to avoid that but why it is not
PL_POLLUTE ?

I have the same problem with the #include "thread.h", it will be nice to
be #include "pl_thread.h"

thanks,

--
                                   \|/      Philippe Cizaire