RC2 problems under Tru64 5.0

From:
Steven N. Hirsch
Date:
March 19, 2000 15:04
Subject:
RC2 problems under Tru64 5.0
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.10.10003191751140.8062-100000@pii.fast.net
Title says it!  RC1 built without a hitch on this box (using the
Developers Tool Kit <dtk> compiler) and passed all tests.  RC2 fails about
8 tests, dumping core after lib/sdbm.t and /lib/bigfltpm.t.  From what I'm
seeing in the screen output, Perl is failing to heed pragmas such as

no warnings 'once';
no warnings 'redefine';

I'm not sure if this is the cause of the test failures or merely another
symptom of the underlying problem.

The build goes a bit more smoothly using gcc-2.95.2, with the only
failures being the abovementioned core dumps.  I'm currently rebuilding
with debugging set in an effort at tracking them down.

BTW, dropping back from the dtk compiler made no difference in the
misbehavior.  It's not source corruption, as the same download builds and
works cheerfully on x86 Linux.

All builds were performed using defaults (./Configure -des) on Tru64 Unix
v5.0 w/ 1st service pack applied.  I've attached screen captures of the
test runs.

I don't have all that much experience developing or debugging in this
environment (spend most of my time on x86 Linux and AIX), so any
suggestions are appreciated.

Steve