Re: [ID 20000316.002] Math::BigInt and string ops

From:
Unknown Sender
Date:
March 19, 2000 09:19
Re: [ID 20000316.002] Math::BigInt and string ops
Message ID:
20000319181919.C16092@noris.de
Hi,

Ilya Zakharevich:
> No weird stuff.  This was already reported.  RExen do not reliably
> work on references.
>
> No-dirty fix would take some time, which I do not have now.

A warning when Perl encounters $ref=~s/// would be nice, then.

I assume that somebody who's marginally more knowledgeable with Perl
internals can find the correct place for such a warning an order of
magnitude faster than I can...

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/