long double support on Solaris

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
March 16, 2000 12:17
Subject:
long double support on Solaris
Message ID:
38D140CE.FA46DF30@uk.sun.com
I note the release note for RC2 suggests that long double support works
on Solaris - unfortunately it doesn't.  This is due mainly to configure
problems.  Jarkko has made valiant efforts to get it to work, but he's
hampered by the fact he doesn't have access to the Sun compiler (which
is required).  Unfortunately I don't really have enough time to sort it
at the moment, due to the fact that I've just changed jobs.  I don't
think anything more than a day hacking away at Configure is required,
and I'm happy to do it but I can't see that I will be able to in time
for the upcoming release.  Can we quietly remove the suggestion that it
works until I have got some time to fix it ?

Alan Burlison