pod2man deficiencies

From:
Gregor N. Purdy
Date:
March 16, 2000 08:50
Subject:
pod2man deficiencies
Message ID:
38D10F10.B6628206@focusresearch.com
Is anyone out there besides me interested in having pod2man
be callable in a pipeline? I want to run a program that outputs
POD on standard out and pipe it in:

	foo x.pod | pod2man | nroff

Since pod2man requires a filename, I tried:

	foo x.pod | pod2man - | nroff

but pod2man things the '-' is a malformed option.

So, for now, I'm using a temporary file (yech!). However,
another problem I'm having is that the POD I want to pass in
starts with an =for command. The first =head1 command *is*
=head1 NAME, but pod2man expects the first command in the file
to be =head1 NAME, and thus rejects my input. I think pod2man
should be ignoring directives it doesn't understand.

Regards,

-- Gregor

| Gregor N. Purdy                     gregor@focusresearch.com |
| If I fell in the woods, and nobody was around, would I tell? |