opcode.pl missing "readpipe" entry

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
March 11, 2000 06:48
Subject:
opcode.pl missing "readpipe" entry
Message ID:
23051.952786108@chthon
% ./perl -le 'print prototype("CORE::readpipe")'
Can't find an opnumber for "readpipe" at -e line 1.

It's in keywords.pl, but not opcode.pl.  There are several likes
this, although I think it's the only one that matters.  I haven't
included a patch because there's more to this than meets the eye.
This should (eventually) become an L prototype (for nonshelled list
backticks), although it's currently acting like an S of a rather
strange nature:

    % ./perl -le 'print readpipe("who", "am", "i")'
    whoam

    % ./perl -le 'print readpipe("who", "are", "users")'
    whoarelarry tchrist

Also, the program below claims that readline (and dump, as if
it mattered) take no arguments.

--tom

#!/usr/bin/perl -lw
# find all prototypes; pipe into "|sort +1b" to group
no warnings 'deprecated';
while (<DATA>) {
    for (split) {
	printf "%-20s", $_;
	$ret = eval { prototype "CORE::$_" };
	print $@ =~ s/ at .*//s ? $@   		   :
	          defined($ret) ? $ret || '#VOID#' :
				  "not overridable";
    }
}
__END__ __FILE__ __LINE__ __PACKAGE__ __DATA__ __END__ AUTOLOAD and
abs alarm atan2 accept BEGIN bless bind binmode CORE CHECK cmp chr
cos chop close chdir chomp chmod chown crypt chroot caller connect
closedir continue DESTROY do die dump delete defined dbmopen dbmclose
EQ END eq eof exp else exit eval exec each elsif exists endgrent
endpwent endnetent endhostent endservent endprotoent for fork fcntl
flock format fileno foreach formline GT GE getppid getpgrp getpwent
getpwnam getpwuid getpeername getprotoent getpriority getprotobyname
getprotobynumber gethostbyname gethostbyaddr gethostent getnetbyname
getnetbyaddr getnetent getservbyname getservbyport getservent
getsockname getsockopt getgrent getgrnam getgrgid getlogin getc gt
ge grep goto glob gmtime hex INIT if int index ioctl join keys kill
LT LE lt le lc log last link lock local lstat length listen lcfirst
localtime my map mkdir msgctl msgget msgrcv msgsnd NE next ne not
no or ord oct our open opendir pop pos push pack pipe print printf
package prototype q qr qq qw qx quotemeta ref read rand recv redo
rmdir reset return rename rindex require reverse readdir readlink
readline readpipe rewinddir scalar seek send semop select semctl
semget setpgrp seekdir setpwent setgrent setnetent setsockopt
sethostent setservent setpriority setprotoent shift shmctl shmget
shmread shmwrite shutdown sin sleep sort socket socketpair split
sprintf splice sqrt srand stat study substr sub system symlink
syscall sysopen sysread sysseek syswrite tr tie tell tied time times
telldir truncate uc use undef until untie utime umask unless unpack
unlink unshift ucfirst values vec warn wait while write waitpid
wantarray xor