[ID 20000307.009] Perl installation on HPUX ver 11.0 ,HPN4000 machine.

From:
Jalina Dahol
Date:
March 7, 2000 18:48
Subject:
[ID 20000307.009] Perl installation on HPUX ver 11.0 ,HPN4000 machine.
Message ID:
20000308022543.23903.qmail@web3907.mail.yahoo.com
Hi, could you please assist us why we have problems
below when trying to install Perl 5.005_03 on HPN4000
machine running HPUX ver 11.0 operating system.

Do you wish to attempt to use the malloc that comes
with perl5? [y]
Removing unneeded -lmalloc from library list
libs = -lnsl_s -lndbm -ldld -lm -lc -lndir -lcrypt

Your system wants malloc to return 'void *', it would
seem.
Your system uses void free(), it would seem.

Checking out function prototypes...
Your C compiler doesn't seem to understand function
prototypes.

Configure:  FATAL ERROR:
This version of perl5 can only be compiled by a
compiler that
understands function prototypes.  Unfortunately, your
C compiler
        cc -D_HPUX_SOURCE
doesn't seem to understand them.  Sorry about that.

If GNU cc is available for your system, perhaps you
could try that
instead.

Eventually, we hope to support building Perl with
pre-ANSI compilers.
If you would like to help in that effort, please
contact
<perlbug@perl.org>.

Aborting Configure now.