[ID 20000331.019] 5.6.0 fails on Solaris 2.6 op/pwent and custom/etc/passwd file

From:
Bruce Barnett
Date:
March 31, 2000 11:15
Subject:
[ID 20000331.019] 5.6.0 fails on Solaris 2.6 op/pwent and custom/etc/passwd file
Message ID:
200003311915.OAA22142@grymoire.crd.ge.com

I use NIS but have in my Solaris nsswitch.conf file

passwd: files

I do this for security reasons, to prevent others from loggin onto my workstation.
The /etc/passwd file on my machine also has a copy of the /etc/passwd
file, but I explcitly overrode the shell values of all but a few people.

When I built 5.6.0, it failed on the op/pwent test. (not ok 1)

I ignored the failure and installed perl anyway.
It's not a big deal, but thought I should mention it.
I don't remember this error before. It could just be a fleshware problem
on my end. :-)