[ID 20000330.045] problems with Perl make

From:
Kim Helliwell
Date:
March 30, 2000 14:48
Subject:
[ID 20000330.045] problems with Perl make
Message ID:
38E3D956.2F0C4CB6@acuson.com
I'm trying to compile Perl 5.004_03 on a Solaris 2.7 machine.  I've had to give
up on gcc, since I cannot find a working Sol2.7 gcc for now.  So I'm using the
Sun (SC3.0.1) compiler, which compiles OK, but when I get to the link of Miniperl,
I get:

cc  -L/usr/local/lib -o miniperl miniperlmain.o libperl.a -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lm -lc -lcrypt
do_aspawn                           libperl.a(pp_sys.o)
do_spawn                            libperl.a(pp_sys.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to miniperl
make: *** [miniperl] Error 1

I'm not sure where do_aspawn and do_spawn are supposed to be on a Sun.  I see them
defined for several machines like VMS and Win32, but nothing that's obviously
for Suns, which suggests that these are functions provided by Sun standard libs, maybe?
I don't recall hearing of these functions before, though.

Anyone have a suggestion?

--
Kim Helliwell
Senior CAE Engineer