[ID 20000330.004] (mini)perl 5.6.0 crashes due to error in configpm ?

From:
=?iso-8859-1?B?TOFzemzzIEtvduFjcw==?=
Date:
March 30, 2000 01:22
Subject:
[ID 20000330.004] (mini)perl 5.6.0 crashes due to error in configpm ?
Message ID:
001501bf9a29$8ec38c60$cbdfb881@pclk1.bull.at
Hello,

I'm trying to install Perl 5.6.0 on SCO OSR 5.0.2. It compiles well, but
miniperl crashes (leaving coredump) when it wants to generate the Config.pm
modul by executing the configpm script.

The configpm script (deliberately) redefines the "import"-function of the
Exporter modul in the new Perl-version (older version didn't). It is at the
very begin of configpm. The crash happens in the line

  my @func = grep {$_ ne '%Config'} @_;

when configpm executes the line "import Config;".

I tried to work around the problem by removing the redefinition. configpm
runs through the import, but then I get the error that configpm exits when
checking $Config{'CONFIGDOTSH'}. Apparently, %Config doesn't initialize
correctly in configpm.tmp. I dont know why.

Would appreciate any help.