sv.h comment to describe IoTYPE possibilities

From:
Nathan Torkington
Date:
March 26, 2000 06:24
Subject:
sv.h comment to describe IoTYPE possibilities
Message ID:
14558.7341.582817.817672@prometheus.frii.com
This is applicable to 5.6.0.  I didn't know whether it should go in
perlguts or the api, so I didn't put it in either :-)

Nat

*** sv.h~	Thu Mar  9 10:40:40 2000
--- sv.h	Sun Mar 26 07:21:42 2000
***************
*** 709,714 ****
--- 709,727 ----
  #define IoFLAGS(sv)	((XPVIO*)  SvANY(sv))->xio_flags

  /*
+ IoTYPE(SV) is a single character saying what type of I/O connection
+ this is.
+  |    pipe
+  -    STDIN
+  <    read-only
+  >    write-only
+  a    append
+  +    read and write
+  s    socket
+ space closed  ???
+ */
+
+ /*
  =for apidoc Am|bool|SvTAINTED|SV* sv
  Checks to see if an SV is tainted. Returns TRUE if it is, FALSE if
  not.